Superman Stats

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Aspirations for an Eisner: My Dreams and My Goals



Aspirations for an Eisner

My Dreams and My Goals


No I did not get a wake up call just now, I knew from the start that a blog is a form of an online diary/journal. So why am I starting to write things personal to me? The answer is; I never stopped. From my Comic Previews to my Movie reviews, every single post has been personal and part of me. This post is just more personal then those other posts. 

Your first question (if you aren't a comic book fan, and god knows none of my followers are; in fact one even loathes comics, hey Bharat!) may be; What in the blue blazes is an Eisner? 

To put it in layman's terms, it's to the comic industry as the Oscar is to the film industry. The Eisner for a long time has reflected-to every element that is involved in comics-that you have finally made it. 

What do I know about the Eisner's? Honestly not much, apart from the fact that it is named after comic book pioneer Will Eisner (creator for pulp hero The Spirit) and everything else I mentioned above. In fact as I type this, I am also looking at the Wikipedia page considering the award categories and also the page listing this year's nominations. 

If you know me (If you don't, then thank god. Someone other than my limited circle of friends discovered this blog), then you know that I want to be a big shot comic book artist/writer. It's a dream since I started watching the X-Men on TV and has grown between my hopeless dreams of becoming a scientist and a farmacist pharmacist (which I believed meant owning a farm like Old McDonald).

This puts me directly in the race (like at the bottom) for a chance to get my own little Eisner (since I'm also clueless whether they give you a gold statue or not), I could hopefully see my self in contention for Best Graphic Novel, Limited Series, Writer, Artist or anything as long as it's an Eisner. 

Over the next few decades of your life (if you have one, if your reading this crap; you sure as hell don't), my blog will showcase some of my ideas that I can hopefully bring to fruition in order to obtain this goal...this aspiration as the title dictates. So enjoy my monologue, until I excite your senses with my spectacular creative mind. If your not dazzled, then your probably dead. 

'Nuff Said...for now

Aneesh Raikundalia

P.S.: A few words to remember this post by. Eisner, want one, hope...and crap. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment