Superman Stats

Saturday 25 May 2013

GTCB: Course Completed!



Gender Through Comic Books

Course Completed!


As I'm sure some of you are aware (you're not!), I had joined an Massive Open Online Course for the study of Gender Through Comics. After six weeks of enjoying reading, drawing and learning about comics I also got an insightful perspective of Gender and everything that encompasses it such as stereotypes, roles and how gender is portrayed in comics.

I'm not here to talk in length about the course, all I wanted for this page was to say...




...Thank You!

Thank You Ms Christy Blanch for teaching us (me and my fellow students) this amazing course, Thank You to Ball State University for allowing Ms Blanch to go through with this endeavor and of course Thank You to my peers for doing this course with me and in the process creating a community (of sorts). Of course also a special mention/Thank You to my sister; Dibeshree Raikundalia, for helping me pursue this course by affording to buy the necessary texts required. 

This course has given me a greater knowledge of how to write characters and a nice insight into the minds of some of the greatest writers in comics today, so Thank You to them for taking their time to teach us as well.

And now here's a look at the dazzling certificate students were awarded at the completion of the six week studies;


Not to forget Thank You to Peter Krause for this splendidly drawn cetificate! :)


'Nuff Said

Aneesh Raikundalia

No comments:

Post a Comment